1 / 1
next
Homepage / Products / Art. 314
back

Chairs

Art. 314

Chair with chrome-plated or painted tubular steel frame. Seat and back in hide or in cow skin.

HISTORY
This cantilever, with leather seat and back was first shown at the Weissenhof Housing Exhibition, 1927. From 1927 till 1930 it was produced by Berliner Metallgewerbe Joseph Muller. In 1931, the technical director of this factory opened his own company, Bamberg Metallwerkstatten, Berlin, which took over the production of the furniture of Mies and of Lilly Reich. While Mies admitted the priority of the cantilever of Mart Stam, he claimed for himself the distinction of having designed the first cantilever to make use of the spring quality of cold-rolled tubular steel. He applied for a patent on August 24, 1927.

Height: 84 cm (33,1")
Seat height: 45 cm (17,7")
Width: 47 cm (18,5")
Depth: 69 cm (27,2")

REQUEST INFO request info